Sunday, November 29, 2009

Spin Like Whoa

I spun today. Hard. I hate to spin. It makes me dizzy. That's a joke -- for those of you who have no clue what ladies mean when they say, "I'm late for spin". Spin is the fitness snob's name for exercising on a stationary bike. We all ride our bikes in a dark room with music blaring and an instructor screaming at us.

As I said before, I hate spin. But not today. Today I loved spin. And it was because the instructor was hands-down-kick-ass awesome! She was peppy, informative, energetic, and had great music to go along with our workout. This just proves it. If you hate to workout it's probably because you haven't found the right instructor/music/workout yet. There is one that is right for everyone!

With that said, here are some of my favorites in each genre:

Instructors -- Chalene Johnson. She lives in Orange County California, is the CEO of Powder Blue Productions, has
crazy amounts of energy, and teaches Hip-Hop Hustle, PiYo, Turbo Kick, Turbo Jam, and Chalean
Extreme

Vanessa at LAC. I don't know her last name, but she is awesome! Sometimes when I'm in her class at
the gym I swear she's downed 5 Red Bulls with all the energy she has! She has awesome music and a
great attitude!

Vanessa at school. Different Vanessa than the one at LAC. This one comes to school and kicks our
butts on Mondays and Thursdays. She's not all that peppy, she has no music, but she's no-nonsense
and sometimes I need that.

Music -- Techo, dance-pop, and rap. Those are the only things I want to listen to when working out. Here are some
artists that will always deliver.
Benny Benassi
Jonathan Peters
Ememin
Britney (she's back, bitch)
Workouts -- Turbo Jam! Amazing kickboxing to awesome music! Featuring my favorite, Chalene Johnson!
KickFit! Also amazing kickboxing to awesome music! Featuring Vanessa at LAC!
Chalean Extreme! Go heavy or go home! This workout is all about lifting! Muscle burns fat! What's up!
Running! I just love it! But don't do it all that often.

I forget where this blog was going....anyway, good workout today at spin! woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment